This course is designed to take an experienced Internal Auditor through the various disciplines needed to implement a fully operational Risk Based Internal Audit (RiBIA) approach.
The three basic elements of RiBIA are covered:
- Introduction to methodology terms and definitions
- Using CAREweb system features
- A brief on Risk-Based Audit Planning
- Risk-Based Audit execution
- Risk-Based Audit reporting
The course utilizes CAREweb (Control And Risk Evaluation) Risk Management software and, whilst the techniques learned can be applied without the aid of software, CAREweb is the system recommended by the course providers.
The course is case study driven supported by traditional lectures. This allows delegates to put into practice the theory presented to them and ensures maximum delegate involvement. Some evening work may be required to complete the practical examples. At all stages of the course answers are supplied so that each delegate is brought up to a common level of achievement at all points in the course-work.
Case study Preparation
The Tailored material/case study will be developed to ensure:
- Participants can easily use the methodology in the audit of other units (particularly other branches).
- Controls, weaknesses identified, and recommendations made are relevant to the organization.
- The training material is detailed enough to become a future guide/reference for new auditors.
- Common exceptions (frequent problems) are raised in the case study.